With over 500 million users, Spotify is one of the world’s most popular music services. If you’re tired of paying for Apple Music or encountering bugs with services like Tidal, Spotify is still one of the smoothest and most affordable alternatives. Plus, we have a variety of podcasts you won’t find anywhere else.
Don’t worry if you don’t know much about this audio giant. All the important details are explained below.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is a music and podcast streaming service that uses your internet connection to stream all kinds of content to your device. This music player is notable for its free option if you want to listen to music without paying, and for listening on demand where you can listen to specific songs or albums when you want (within limits). worthy of
Spotify is available as a web app or as a downloadable app for almost any device. If you’re looking to try out a new music service, it’s still one of the big names behind services like Tidal and Apple Music.
Spotify Packages and Pricing (Including Free Tier Options)
With Spotify, you choose your streaming tier when you sign up for the service. In addition to the free tier to start with, there are several paid options available with upgrades. In general, the same music is available to everyone, but higher tiers offer higher quality and additional features. Let’s take a closer look at music streaming.
- Spotify free: Access over 80 million songs, all podcasts and audiobooks. However, it will tolerate ad-supported playback where Spotify plays ads every few tracks, such as radio ads. Depending on how you watch them, you may not be able to mute these ads.
- premium individual: This is a premium account for one person. It adds a few features such as music downloads, the ability to use Spotify while traveling outside the region, the ability to rearrange the order of songs in an album, and the ability to upgrade audio to his CD quality. Moreover, there are no ads. Pricing for the Premium Individual plan varies by country, but in the US it’s $10/month.
- premium student: Get 50% off premium subscription prices in your area each year if you can prove you’re a current student. You can also access Hulu and Showtime advertising versions.
- premium duo: Perfect for you and your SO, Duo offers discounts on Spotify Premium for two people who live together.
- Premium family: The family plan supports up to 6 people of the premium plan. It comes with parent-friendly tools like explicit filters and the Spotify Kids app for younger kids with singalongs, soundtracks and other targeted content. Again, plans vary in price, but are $15/month in the US.
Like many music streaming services, Spotify offers several ways to get a temporary subscription for a free trial or premium plan. This may include purchasing a device from a partner brand or being a member of a partner program such as Walmart+ or an appropriate carrier plan. If you’ve never signed up for Spotify Premium, you can usually have a trial period of several months before paying for it.
The basics of Spotify are easy to understand. You can search for music and play it, favorite it and add it to your library, see recently played songs. The play button and options like shuffle and volume are at the bottom of the app. Spotify has additional services to help you discover new music and more, including:
- Create playlist: In the Spotify menu, playlist Buttons allow you to name, create and listen to customized Spotify playlists of your choice. It’s a fairly standard feature, but you can also connect to other services like Apple Music to import and export playlists, making it easier to switch between services.
- Recommendation: Spotify recommends playlists on its homepage based on time of day, music you listen to, and other factors. You’ll see recommended artists to try every day, recommendations and mixes similar to music you’ve heard recently, and Discover Weekly playlists for new music similar to your tastes. Or you can keep the latest album playing as Spotify automatically turns it into a Pandora-style radio channel featuring bands with similar sounds.
- downloadable music: At higher price points, you can download albums and playlists for offline listening with a limit of 10,000 tracks and 5 devices. The free version only allows you to download podcasts.
- canvas: Canvas is a Spotify feature that creates a looping video for each track, like a GIF of your album artwork. Features like this come and go on music streamers, but this is a feature that Spotify is currently promoting and can be enjoyed in a TikTok-like fashion. The artist must opt-in to her Canvas for listeners to watch the video loop.
Is it easy to share music on Spotify?
very easy. Share playlists, songs, or albums by copying the link and messaging a friend, or by embedding the option on your website. On mobile, Spotify gives you the option to share your music through several social media platforms to save even more time.
You can also connect with other friends and celebrities on Spotify and see the music they follow if you have the right permissions. Several specialized sharing options, such as ‘wrap’ cards, encapsulate a year’s worth of listening activity into shareable music videos, allowing you to share canvas videos.
How does Spotify’s Hi-Res audio compare to other options?
it’s not. At least not for now. His HiFi option on Spotify has yet to be released, even though a sound quality upgrade is announced for his 2021. We also don’t know much about how Hi-Res HiFi compares to other options. Audiophiles who are serious about hi-res music and spatial audio formats like Dolby Atmos (and don’t mind paying) have no reason to use Spotify. If you’re concerned about audio quality beyond CD-level bitrates, the high-definition and lossless audio layers of services like Apple Music and Tidal are excellent.
Spotify and Android Compatibility
As long as you’re using Android OS 5.0 or higher, you don’t have to worry. The Spotify app works fine, and if something goes wrong, you can always access the Spotify web player (make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi, not your data plan). The same is true for iPhone iOS 14+, Windows 10+, and Mac OS X 10.13+. Also available for consoles, Macs and other devices.
Spotify and smart home
Spotify works with many smart speakers, including Amazon Echo and similar devices. For example, you can use the Alexa app to connect to your Spotify account and make it your default music player for voice commands. It works similarly with Google Assistant. If you have a smart speaker and use Spotify, you’ll need to spend some time setting up Spotify on your platform.
Now you are ready to take advantage of all that Spotify has to offer
Spotify isn’t perfect, especially if you want to explore lossless audio formats. Still, Megastreamer is an excellent choice for beginners and those looking for an easy music streaming app. Considering Spotify’s wealth of podcasts and its extensive platform support, Spotify is an obvious contender for the top streaming service.