Sam Smith canceled a concert in Manchester last month due to a vocal cord injury, but is recovering.
The 31-year-old “Unholy” singer shared a video update on Instagram on Saturday after visiting the doctor’s office. “This is actually very positive news. My vocal cords are healing and after a week off, I’m feeling better,” Smith said.
They added, “It looks fine for the rest of the show. That’s really great news.”
Smith had to cancel his concert at the Manchester AO Arena on May 24 after just four songs.They then canceled the last two days of their Gloria tour in the UK as well.
“Glory” Album:Sam Smith is done immersing himself in a new chapter of self-acceptance
The performer apologized again in an Instagram video, telling fans that the interruption was “totally out of my control.”
AO Arena during a Manchester show last month. shared Smith’s statement About their sudden departure. “I honestly don’t know what to say. We beat the virus a few weeks ago and have since traveled all over Europe and put on great shows,” they wrote.
“Midway through the third song, I realized something was wrong with my voice. It felt really weird, I walked off stage and tried everything to get my voice back,” the voice puts back in gear, but it doesn’t,” they explained. “I’m honestly heartbroken that I can’t finish tonight’s show for you all.”
venue Added: “Sam is heartbroken that he had to cancel the show, but doctors have told him that continuing to sing will permanently damage his voice. He should rest a bit and he will be able to perform again.” .”
Conflicts of opinion or double standards?Controversy over Sam Smith’s lewd tour and music video explained
Fans have been refunded for the show, but no new dates have been scheduled.
Next month, Smith will tour Switzerland, Finland, France, Latvia, and more on the Gloria Tour, which starts on July 5th.
After that, the North American leg of Smith’s tour is set to begin in Miami on July 25th.