Over the past decade, BTS became a global cultural phenomenon, putting K-pop on the map around the world. The group has, and is supported by, one of the most passionate fan bases in the world. Each listener has their own special relationship to the band’s music. So, to celebrate his 10th anniversary as a group, Spotify and BTS have put together a special love letter experience. My Top 5: BTS Songs.
This interactive experience allows listeners to curate their favorite songs from BTS’ discography and share their selections with friends on social media. BTS have teamed up with Spotify to curate a special selection that honors much of their discography over the past decade. *
“Each step in our journey was unique and sounded different along the way,” said the band. “We hope many of you will enjoy this new experience on My Top 5: BTS Songs on Spotify and share your favorites with us.”
My Top 5: Here’s how to enjoy BTS.
- Make sure you’re in one of the 48 markets where your experience is published** and make sure your iPhone is up to date with version 8.8.40.x.
- visit https://spotify.com/top5 on your device.
- The experience will showcase carefully selected BTS songs. Pick 5 of your favourites. Then drag and reorder them within the visualization to create a top list.
- Your selection will be delivered with a visual share card. Then choose a share card background with options to highlight your BTS group biases, your favorite group members.
- Finally, use #spotifymytop5 to share and compare your personalized digital cards of your choice with your friends on social media.
“My Top 5: BTS Songs” is the next version of this interactive experience on Spotify, following “My Top 5” moments by other iconic artists such as: The Weekend, kendrick lamarand Rosalia.visit https://spotify.com/top5 to get started.
*Selectable songs do not include the entire BTS catalog or songs by other artists featuring BTS.
**My Top 5: BTS Songs experience is 48 markets: USA, Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Poland, Turkey, UK, Ireland, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, Iraq, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Qatar, Jordan, Oman, Lebanon, Kuwait, Morocco, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Botswana, Brazil, Mexico, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay; and 15 languages: English, English (UK), French (Canadian), French, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Arabic, Spanish (Latin America), Korean, Portuguese, Polish, Turkish, German, Indonesian.