When you can’t relax with me or my show, listen to music and relax. Spotify has released a list of the most relaxing songs based on 76,000 songs. See if your favorites are on the list and learn how to use music to readjust your mood.
Ed Sheeran has the most ruthless fans…
…when it comes to relaxing tunes, the red-haired crooner has earned two of the top five spots.
- “Perfect– Ed Sheeran.
- “thoughts were spoken– Ed Sheeran.
- “my everything” – John Legend.
- “Say you won’t let go“- James Arthur.
- “Tum Se Hai– Pritam.
be a geek
So what is the science behind relaxing music? Studies show that low-pitched, slow-tempo music (around 50-60 beats per minute) takes us into the Zen zone. I will give it to you. why?because our brain waves are actually Synchronize Follow the slow rhythm of the song. Wild, right?
Music keeps depression, anxiety, and even physical pain at bay. It also provides an edge in high-stress situations such as surgery. One study found that patients who listened to relaxing music during surgery had lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
taking advantage of the groove
Besides using music to relax and unwind, you can also hack your mood, productivity and sleep.
- secrete feel-good hormones: We get our dose of dopamine from our favorite jams. Change your playlist to maximize your mood. Add a new song and your brain will rumble.
- listen before you fall asleep: Studies show that listening to music for 45 minutes before bed can help you sleep better at night.
- Increased productivity: Studies show that music between 50 and 80 bpm can improve creativity and learning. Check out this playlist!
Want to add more songs to your library? Visit one of these free media sites.