This post was contributed by a community member.
Hello everyone. Joyce Nash has brought you the Saturday edition of the Huntsville Patch Newsletter with everything you need to know about what’s going on in your area.
First of all, today’s weather is
It’s sunny and pleasant. High: 88 Low: 67.
From our sponsor:
Today’s Huntsville Patch newsletter is Some are powered by T-Mobile. T-Mobile invested billions to build the best network ever, covering 99% of the people in the US with her LTE, keeping communities like ours informed, Helps you stay connected. Thanks to T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Huntsville Patch newsletter possible.
Today’s top 3 articles from Huntsville are:
- Huntsville Parks and Recreation received a $70,000 grant to fund the expansion of the city’s men’s mentorship program.. The grant is awarded by the National Recreation Parks Association and Huntsville Parks and Recreation is one of only 20 grant recipients.Huntsville Men’s Mentorship Program Work with boys and young people ages 7-17 to learn skills and build social connections. The program is set to resume in August, and city officials said it could double the number of young people the program serves. (WHNT)
- The Huntsville City Board of Schools held open interviews Thursday with three finalists for the superintendent position.. In individual interviews, each candidate faced questions about teacher retention and transparency. Dr. Bren Elliott said he can work with teachers and principals to create a positive work environment, and Interim Superintendent Dr. Clarence Sutton shared his experience as an administrator at a magnet school in Tuscaloosa. Dr. Jermaine Dawson said listening to community concerns is a priority. The board will vote on the next superintendent on June 13. (wafu)
- The Flip Trade Show will take place on Saturday, June 10th from 11am-6pm and Sunday, June 11th from 12pm-5pm at the Von Braun Centre.. Participants can buy, sell, and exchange souvenirs, collectibles, and more. The event venue has a capacity of 300 tables and VIP tickets are available to grant early access to the table area. Each day, the first 100 people to arrive will receive a free pass to the flip show. Click here for more information.
🏘️ Want to set yourself apart from other Huntsville Realtors? Partner with Huntsville Patch to reach a targeted and engaged audience through premium newsletter sponsorships. Click here for more information.
In Huntsville today,
Saturday, June 10th
- Fitness in the Park: Yoga At Big Spring Park East (9:00 AM)
- Drop In & Create Saturday At the Huntsville Museum of Art (11am)
- cigar box guitar lesson At Row Mill Arts & Entertainment (12pm)
From my notes:
More from our sponsors – Thanks to Local News for their support.
- Social security seminar at the South Huntsville Public Library (June 12)
- T-Mobile Tuesday: Get Free Items and Great Deals Every Week (June 13th)
- add event
Today is up to here! I will update again tomorrow.
— Joyce Nash
About me: Joyce is a freelance writer and poet whose work has been published in the Hello Gloria newsletter and Nine Cloud Journal. Her career has ranged from journalism to fitness coaching and spans the East Coast to the West. In her free time she enjoys reading, cooking and spending time with her husband and her two cats.